Monday, September 20, 2010

Another Idea?!

So, I was told that my research interests would narrow as I got into the program. I had in mind the fundraising coin collector apparatus you often see in McDonalds. You know...the big yellow "funnel" that you start a coin rolling and with centripetal force it eventually lands in it's home? Well, something's wrong! My funnel is upside-down. My research "coin" is defying the laws of nature--gravity and centripetal force! Instead of spinning to it's home inside my brain, the coin keeps gaining speed upward and outward--gathering more and more ideas.

The saying goes, "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em." That's what I've decided to do. I just keep writing the ideas down and hope that someday my funnel will invert--it will have to for my dissertation. In this spirit...if you've had a plaguing question about literacy of any kind...let me know. I'll add it to my pile and if I ever pursue it and it gets published...you'll get credit for the idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment