Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Philosophy

Now don’t freak out! This won’t be that deep :) In my Introduction to Doctoral Studies class we were asked to think about our philosophy of life, learning, and education in the framework of 4 of life’s components--Society, Individual, Natural World, and Spiritual Dimension. Since it’s been quite some time since I’ve penned a philosophy, I decided to give it a try. I’m finding that it’s probably not a bad idea to do from time to time. While some basic core ideas remain the same, I’m finding there are several things that have changed the way I view things in light of my “growth” personally and professionally. Today’s entry will reflect my philosophy of Life in general within this framework. So here’s what I have so far:




I believe that the Spiritual Dimension (soul/spirit) encompasses everything I do and think through God--my Lord and Savior. Within that, I see Society and the Individual’s existence in the Natural World as key to maintaining physical existence as it is suspended through God’s grace and mercy. My very existence is determined by the ongoing health of this world and therefore I have a direct link and responsibility to it. Someone once said, “No man is an island.” As this illustration depicts, I believe that to be true. I cannot exist completely outside of Society (though it is tempting to try at times). My actions, however small or big, affect those around me. Similarly, I am affected by the actions of others placing me in direct contact with Society as an Individual.
Stay tuned for the next philosophical installments!

No comments:

Post a Comment